StataCorp is a statistical software company located in College Station, Texas, with business in all 50 states and around the world. This position would support the tax accounting functions of the Accounting Department and requires solid accounting experience combined with strong analytical skills.
- Primarily responsible for sales tax compliance, research, registration, filing, and payment of taxes
- Maintain company asset database, asset classification, and depreciation methods
- Record-keeping and reporting for assets subject to property taxes
- Assist with other accounting tasks as needed (examples include annual business insurance renewals, reviewing and reconciling W-2,1099, and 1042-C forms, financial statements, and cost analysis)
- A bachelor's degree in accounting
- Knowledge of or ability to learn asset database system and depreciation methods
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
Preferred candidate requirements
- Two-plus years' advanced accounting experience with an emphasis on tax compliance
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets
- Experience with various accounting and tax software platforms
StataCorp offers competitive pay with full benefits in a fun, family-friendly work environment.
StataCorp is an Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/Vet/Disab