Spherion is hiring for a Staff Accountant position. This role will manage and coordinate activities of accounting department to attain established goals and objectives.
- Develops and maintains accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Reviews functions and abilities of personnel within the department and makes adjustments or recommendations for increased efficiencies.
- Oversees and verifies that all responsibilities are being covered as directed.
- Prepares analyses reports and statements for the review by management or any applicable outside entities or agencies, including but not limited to all monthly, quarterly and annual statements or reports. Performs further analysis of any irregularities or random-check items as determined by practice and security. Implements all security measures as deemed necessary for best practices.
- Oversees and directs the activities of all tax, accounting, and cash flow practices for the company, including but not limited to, daily cash, commission payments, and sales tax reporting, either directly or through subordinate associates.
- Generates monthly, quarterly or annual reports, prepares and files payments and returns. Oversees all aspects of sales reporting, including monthly cumulative sales reports for senior management and sales management to review and analyze.
- Prepares any miscellaneous and sales related reports
- Coordinates all aspects of the yearly 1099 preparation and distribution process. Determines which payments are applicable to tax regulations, verifies W-9s, prepares and distributes all 1099s, and files reconciliation according to federal regulations.
- Oversees month-end and year-end closing procedures and audit activities. Performs g/l detail analysis and monthly coding activities.
- Prepares and researches audit schedules as requested by accounting firm or officers. Keeps up-to-date on Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), applicable regulations and laws– both federal and state, and accounting technology.
- Make recommendations for new accounting technology as required.
- Assists in other duties or special projects as designated by the supervisor or officer of the company.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field ·
- 5+ years accounting experience, 3+ years previous supervisory experience ·
- Strong and effective leadership, including ability to guide, direct, and develop subordinates and achieve results. · Strong analytical, mathematical, organizational, and communication skills. ·
- Strong windows-based operating/accounting systems, spreadsheet and word processing programs skills.
- Strong teamwork skills including ability to collaborate with interdepartmental group and achieve established goals. · Must be able to work overtime during month-end, year-end and audit periods, as needed.
- Familiarity with general accounting software, Macola preferable.
- Manufacturing background or knowledge.
- $50,000-$75,000 depending on experience