Assists members with financial transactions, to included receiving and disbursing cash and other negotiable instruments. Responsible for opening new memberships and accounts. To assist members with loan applications, processing and closing of loans within the lending policies of the credit union.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Receives and processes member financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals and loan payments, and issues negotiable items such as money orders, cashiers checks and gift cards to members. Processes transfers from member accounts as requested. Prepares member wire requests.
- Balances cash drawer daily, and maintains security of assigned cash drawer at all times.
- Assists with nightly branch balancing duties.
- Assists with cash drawer discrepancies or posting errors.
- Assists members with opening and closing accounts. Identifies member needs and recommends products; addresses and resolves member problems, inquiries or complaints.
- Ensures all documents are complete and contain accurate information.
- Interviews members to determine loan type/product to fit their needs.
- Prepares and reviews all loan documents for completeness and accuracy; schedules the loan closing and funding.
- Verify loan documentation for accuracy, completion, and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Knowledgeable of all Credit Union lending policies and procedures.
- Knowledgeable of all State and Federal lending laws, rules and regulations.
- Ensures loan documents are filed and scanned in electronic data storage system. Forwards to appropriate department for filing with applicable provider or state agency.
- Identifies member needs, offers other credit union products/services and educates members on ancillary loan products.
- Assists with other branch duties as needed.
- Minimum three years of lending experience preferred.
- A high school education or GED required.
- Ability to analyze data for equitable resolutions.
- Proficient with problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work regular full-time hours.
- Ability to work on-site at designated location.
- Ability to communicate with courtesy, tact, and diplomacy and model exemplary member service.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and graphics software applications.
- Must be bondable
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time (6 to 7 hours per day).
- Must be able to view a computer screen, use a keyboard to enter information, and manipulate a mouse.
- Job includes some repetitive hand/wrist motions.
- Ability to operate office machinery.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
This job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties, and responsibilities of the position. Such requirements may be expanded or otherwise changed at any time as indicated by the operational needs of the credit union. Employees may also be required to assist colleagues with their job responsibilities from time to time.