NTA, Inc. an independent 3rd party building product inspection, testing, and certification organization is seeking a full-time Lab Operations Manager for our brand new, soon-to-be open Building Products Test Lab located in Bryan, Texas. This position will be responsible for overseeing the entire test lab facility, developing and training staff, making recommendations for improving systems, policies and procedures; and developing client relationships. Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Management or Scientific Discipline and previous experience in general management/supervision required. Experience with building products, construction materials is desired.
Position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist executive management team of NTA in the development of annual budgets, including establishment of the lab’s contribution to the corporate revenue goal, analyzing resource requirements and setting discretionary spending levels.
- Ensure proper and consistent workflow from start to completion in accordance with NTA’s QA program for each project.
- Promote Test Lab capabilities with prospective clients for services and assure capabilities match the needs of NTA’s market.
- Assist in training, direction, guidance, evaluation, and overall support to all levels of product testing.
- As directed, update executive management on the lab operations.
- Monitor and maintain continuous improvement within the lab process to ensure client’s request are completed in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Evaluate and track projects/ schedules of directly reporting employees as necessary to ensure acceptable project completion time lines.
- Evaluate weekly time sheets of directly reporting personnel.
- Enforce and address all NTA Safety program policies, procedures and requirements.
- Conduct regular performance evaluations for staff.
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Management, or Scientific Discipline
- Preferred Advanced Degree in Management or 7 years management experience in a technical or engineering environment is ideal.
- 5+ years general management experience, including supervision of staff.
- Experience with budgeting and P&L management.
- Ability to make decisions and engineering judgments independently where limited standardization exists.
- Must be self-motivated with organizational and time management skills.
- Must possess entrepreneurial mindset.
- High degree of personal integrity and the ability to collaborate with others in a team-based environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and demonstrated communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Excellent leadership and management, mentoring, and coaching skills.
- Ability to promote an effective working relationship at all levels and create a positive work environment.
- Ability to travel occasionally throughout the continental US (Up to 20%).
- Sound computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite).