StataCorp is interested in statistics and communication of statistical concepts, as well as statistical software. We are seeking a person who understands statistics and has an exceptional ability to explain statistical applications, statistical concepts, and Stata software to applied researchers.
The successful applicant will contribute to Stata documentation and other material related to Stata software. Other materials may include Stata blog posts, FAQs, Stata Press books, training materials, videos, and webinars.
The successful applicant will be encouraged to develop a broader knowledge of statistics.
- Working with staff statisticians and software developers at StataCorp to produce the Stata documentation
- Editing and writing blog entries, FAQs, and related resources
- Continually broadening and updating knowledge on statistical practice
- The opportunity to attend discipline-specific conferences and give presentations at events such as Stata User Group meetings
- A passion for explaining complex technical topics to a broad audience
- Knowledge of applied statistics
- Experience writing course materials, presentations, or articles
- Superb communication skills, including the ability to write and to edit documents in English
- Familiarity with Stata, including using Stata for data management and applied analysis
- An interest in learning new areas of statistics
- A master's or equivalent knowledge and job experience in statistics, econometrics, or another science-related field (the degree is not the requirement; the knowledge and passion are)
Starting salary is commensurate with experience. StataCorp offers an excellent benefits package.
We are a rapidly growing company, and this position has significant potential for growth in responsibility and compensation upon proven performance.
**Please provide a cover letter with a one-paragraph description of a recent research project that you participated in. Mention specifically the type of analysis that you conducted, how you used Stata, and the interpretation you have of the results.**
StataCorp LLC is an Affirmative Action Employer — Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability