NTA, Inc. an independent 3rd party building product inspection, testing, and certification organization headquartered in Nappanee, IN is seeking a full-time Building Products Inspector/Quality Auditor. This position is responsible for conducting quality audits, product sampling and inspections of various building products at clients' manufacturing facilities. Previous knowledge of building products, building materials and building codes is ideal. Knowledge of ISO requirements and processes is necessary. Position requires the ability to travel throughout the country and some international travel.
Position duties will include but not limited to:
- Perform regularly scheduled on-site plant audits as assigned by the Director of Building Products Inspections.
- Perform product sampling as requested by Director of Building Products Inspections.
- Continually monitor client’s implementation of approved quality systems.
- Complete CEU training as required to maintain licenses and certifications.
- Represent NTA Inc. well at client’s facilities and able to up sell our services.
- Must be able to schedule own inspections throughout the year and communicate to Director of Building Products Inspections.
- Ability to train other auditors.
- Possess extensive knowledge of ISO 17020 and ISO 17065 processes.
- Must have in depth knowledge of building materials such as wall systems, deck board, guardrails, cold-form steel, roof systems, door, windows, etc.
- Ability to manage onsite audits from accreditation bodies for our accreditations.
- Must be able to understand contracts and communicate invoicing needs of the department.
- Address/respond to client manufacturers’ concerns and needs pertaining to NTA inspection methods and findings.
- Minimize travel expenses and non-productive time by scheduling in the most efficient, cost effective manner.
- Ensure month end inspection reports adhere to NTA’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure all Certification audits are sent to the Certification Department within 10 days of audit.
- Perform other tasks and duties as may be assigned by the Director of Building Products Inspections.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ten years' experience working in building construction, manufacturing or performing quality assurance audits.
- Must be willing to travel 75-100% including overnight throughout the country and internationally.
- Ideal candidate will be centrally located within the US