Girl Scouts of Central Texas
The Community Recruitment Specialist is responsible for directly engaging with the public to advocate on behalf of Girl Scouts to identify and attract new girl members, adult volunteers, and community partners within an assigned geographic area with the goal of serving a diverse population of girls that reflects the population of our community. Additionally, they establish relationships with community partners that could offer unique programming for girls or support Girl Scouts programming financially, seamlessly transitioning those relationships to other departments for ongoing cultivation.
- Increases the positive impact of Girl Scouts in our community by meeting or exceeding annual membership recruitment and lead generation goals for girl and adult members.
- Collaborates closely with departmental management and other departments to inform membership and partner development strategies, plans, and tactics.
- Identifies neighborhoods currently underserved by Girl Scouts, gaining an understanding of community needs, and working with other departments at Girl Scouts of Central Texas to establish a service delivery opportunity to meet those needs.
- Establishes, cultivates, and maintains relationships with schools, like-minded community organizations, faith-based organizations, and businesses to promote and deliver Girl Scouting within our community.
- Plans and executes events that increase community awareness of the benefits and outcomes of Girl Scouts and bring more members and volunteers to our movement.
- Ensures all grassroots engagements activities establish and maintain access to Girl Scouting among a diverse population.
- Informs resource development proposals and grants based on experience in working with the community.
- Ensures girl membership that achieves expectations and goals established for funding source regulations.
- Attends community events to network and advocate on behalf of Girl Scouts.
- Engages in community groups, such as the Chamber of Commerce and others, to develop relationships that will benefit the organization.
- Collaborates with other departments to cultivate new program delivery partners and financial sponsorships and grants.
- Collaborates with staff in other departments to place new members and volunteers to ensure a positive onboarding experience.
- Responds appropriately and professionally through email, phone, and face-to-fact interactions.
- Enhances Girl Scouts reputation through interactions with the public.
- Manages, organizes, and maintains files, logs, operating procedures, and records that relate directly to this position. Actively updating database records and maintaining the database consistency and integrity and using council reporting tools to analyze and act on recruitment and lead data.
- Maintains strict confidentiality and professionalism when handling sensitive information.
- Performs other duties or assists other projects as assigned.
- One to three years’ experience managing and/or working with volunteers.