Girl Scouts of Central Texas
- Promote and support Girl Scout program philosophies of GSUSA & GSCTX
- Develop, implement and coordinate large-scale events based on the GSUSA program portfolio in conjunction with established GSCTX yearly goals
- Identify and work with community collaborators to set up event opportunities for troops and service units that compliment Girl Scout Journeys curriculum, help girls to earn badges, provide girls with leadership or community service opportunities.
- Maintain contact with large-scale collaborators and provide them with event updates and facilitator packets. Purchase patches for registered participants and provide confirmation information to all registered
- Maintain a broad base of community contacts and positive community relations by meeting with and speaking to individuals, and groups to promote Girl Scouting in the community.
- Ensure that events, projects, and trips are planned, budgeted, and carried out within approved Council goals, objectives, and safety standards.
- Work with volunteer teams, troop leaders, girls, staff and other groups to design, implement and evaluate council-sponsored program activities based on girl’s needs and interests. Ensure program opportunities are for both troop and individually registered girls.
- Ensure inclusiveness in membership and participation.
- Select and direct volunteer personnel needed for implementing council-sponsored program events as needed.
- Provide guidance, interpretation, and updates to staff and volunteers on girl program and safety materials, and their adaptation for local use as necessary and appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with the Mission Delivery Team to provide cooperative retention, recruitment and training opportunities.
- Work with Membership and Resource Development Departments to manage regional Community Troops.
- Work cooperatively with overall council staff to accomplish council goals and objectives.