StataCorp LLC is a leading statistical software provider both in the United States and internationally. Our software is used in almost every university and major corporation. Along with our software, we provide our customers with extensive documentation that explains the many data management, statistics, graphics, programming, and reporting features. StataCorp also has a subsidiary company called Stata Press, which publishes books about Stata and statistics and a peer-reviewed quarterly journal called the Stata Journal.
In this position, you will play a key role in ensuring the high quality and on-time delivery of new Stata documentation and Stata Journal articles. As a Documentation Specialist, you will verify that new documentation and journal articles meet Stata Press standards for layout, accuracy, and style. The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for detail and will be able to
prioritize, organize, and coordinate work assignments.
- Work with LaTeX and TeX templates that output the Stata documentation, Stata Press books, and Stata Journal articles
- Act as a liaison between authors or software development staff and members of the in-house editorial team
- Act as the point of contact for the journal editors
- Perform quality assurance for all aspects of the process
- Assign, track, and follow up as necessary to ensure the on-time delivery of projects
- Review all documents prepared for correct format and spelling before publication
- Perform quality control checks throughout the production process and communicate this information to the project's manuscript editor
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and manage time independently to meet deadlines
- Experience working in an office environment, preferably in publishing
- Excellent communication, project management, and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of LaTeX or plain TeX; basic PC skills; Microsoft Word experience a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency with proofreading
- Excellent command of English language, grammar, and usage
- Working knowledge of Chicago Manual of Style or comparable editorial style manual
- General knowledge of scholarly publishing both in print and on the Web
- High school diploma required; associate's, bachelor's, or master's degree in technical writing/communication, English, or a related field preferred; scientific editing experience a plus
**Please provide a cover letter and 1-2 writing samples in order to be considered for this position.**
StataCorp offers competitive pay with full benefits in a fun, family-friendly work environment.
StataCorp LLC is an Affirmative Action Employer — Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability