StataCorp is seeking a person with a good understanding of statistics and experience in applied statistics and software development.
StataCorp’s statisticians are continually expanding the statistical features of Stata, so they perform a myriad of tasks, ranging from working with users and each other to identify features to be added, validating statistical methods, programming in C and Stata, and writing documentation.
StataCorp’s statisticians have the opportunity to become known and influential within the Stata user community and are encouraged to develop and pursue their own statistical interests.
StataCorp is interested in statistics, as well as statistical software. In addition to developing and providing statistical tools for research professionals, our developers contribute books, articles, education, and the like.
- Working with a team of bright and motivated statisticians and programmers on all aspects of the design and use of Stata
- Identifying statistical procedures that should be incorporated into Stata
- Implementing those procedures in C and the Stata programming language
- Writing technical documentation and manuals
- Continually broadening and updating of knowledge on statistical theory and empirical practice
- Communicating with users via listservers and articles written in the Stata Journal
Cover letter with application packet
Knowledge of statistical theory
Experience in empirical practice
Programming experience in low-level languages, such as C or FORTRAN
Programming experience in statistical packages
Good communication skills, including the ability to write and speak fluently in English
- A PhD or equivalent knowledge and job experience in statistics, biostatistics, economics, or another science-related field
(Do not read into the order in which fields are listed. The degree is not a requirement; the knowledge is.)
Note that the candidate should be knowledgeable in one or more applied fields of statistics and be willing to broaden that knowledge. Stata is a general-purpose statistical package used by researchers of all disciplines, and senior development people are expected to work in multiple fields, including fields outside their specialty.
Starting salary is commensurate with experience. StataCorp is a rapidly growing company, and this position has significant potential for growth in responsibility and compensation upon proven performance. StataCorp offers an excellent benefits package.
StataCorp LLC is an Affirmative Action Employer — Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability