National Sales Manager, Texas, Waco and Corpus Christi
Are you looking for a career that is fast-paced and where every day is different? Scripps is searching for a National Sales Manager who is eager to develop connections and help power national sales through creative and effective advertising.
Assigned to KRIS and KXXV in Texas the National Sales Manager is responsible for managing the inventory on National Accounts and maintaining relationships with clients and representatives. The incumbent will work with our national rep firm, Katz Television, advertising agencies and their clients, national brand advertisers, and local managers to prospect and sell Scripps products across assigned markets.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Grow national broadcast/digital/OTT revenue within assigned markets through developing relationships with national agencies, their clients, and national brand advertisers
- Manage national accounts across assigned markets
- Work with national representative firms to respond to their availability and rate requests, keeping them informed of new products and market trends
- Respond to national Request For Proposals (RFPs) and create customized sales presentations that win business
- Track sales activity Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to achieve ad sales revenue and profit goals for assigned markets
- Work with product and content teams to keep them informed of advertiser and industry ad requirements
- Manage ongoing alternative sales channel efforts to achieve revenue objectives
- Work alongside sales product leadership to roll out revenue-generating products and services through national sales channels to achieve sales goals and objectives
- Travel to meet with agencies, clients and advertisers as well as attend industry events and conferences
- Perform other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 5 or more years of media sales experience with three or more years broadcast/digital sales management strongly preferred.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Expert knowledge of all facets of broadcast and digital sales and marketing
- Ability to forecast sales pipeline, produce annual budgets, and manage expenses as they relate to National Sales
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent leadership skills and experience managing national sales relationships to achieve and exceed revenue goals
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and ability to promote and sell concepts to representatives, agencies and customers
- Excellent organizational skills and analytical skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Proficient in face-to-face sales, calling on national accounts and agencies
- Strong understanding of broadcast/digital media platforms and national broadcast/digital advertising trends
- Must have existing relationships with national advertisers and their agencies
WHAT WE’LL OFFER:
- Extensive Scripps Sales Process training.
- A career path to grow your professional experiences.
- Full benefits; medical, dental and vision.
- Retirement savings plan with company match.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As the nation’s fourth-largest local TV broadcaster, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. The Scripps Networks reach nearly every American through the national news outlets Court TV and Newsy and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Grit, Laff and Court TV Mystery. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.