StataCorp is interested in statistics and communication of statistical concepts, as well as statistical software. We are seeking a person who understands biostatistics and has an exceptional ability to explain statistical applications, statistical concepts, and Stata software to applied researchers.
The successful applicant will contribute to Stata documentation and other material related to Stata software. Other materials may include Stata blog posts, FAQs, Stata Press books, training materials, videos, and webinars.
The successful applicant will be encouraged to continually develop a broader knowledge of statistics.
- Working with statisticians and software developers at StataCorp to produce the Stata documentation
- Editing and writing blog entries, FAQs, and related resources
- Editing, authoring, and coauthoring Stata Press books
- Continually broadening and updating knowledge on statistical practice
- Attending discipline-specific conferences and giving presentations at events such as Stata conferences
- A passion for explaining complex technical topics to a broad audience
- Knowledge of applied statistics
- Experience writing course materials, presentations, or articles
- Superb communication skills, including the ability to write and to edit documents in English
- An interest in learning new areas of statistics
- A PhD, master's, or equivalent knowledge and job experience in biostatistics, statistics, or another science-related field (the degree is not the requirement; the knowledge and passion are)
Starting salary is commensurate with experience. StataCorp offers an excellent benefits package. Employees work only 4 weekdays, enjoying a great work-life balance.
We are a rapidly growing company, and this position has significant potential for growth in responsibility and compensation upon proven performance.
StataCorp LLC is an Affirmative Action Employer — Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability